At Celsia we work for the electrical energy infrastructure of Colombia and the countries where we are present. Likewise, we create quality employment with competitive remuneration and superior benefits. We obtain returns for our Shareholders and Investors with sustainability criteria, and we work together with our Stakeholders to grow together harmoniously. Thus we build a better society.
We have found different ways of advising our clients with advanced, innovative solutions so that their home, company or urban project is connected and they enjoy all the advantages of the new energy era.
(102-1) (102-2) (102-3) (102-4) (102-5) (102-6) (102-7) We are Celsia, a company passionate about renewable energy and energy efficiency. We generate and transmit efficient energy from renewable sources with thermal backup.
The main headquarters of the Organization are located in the city of Cali, Valle del Cauca, Colombia (Calle 15 #29B – 30 Autopista Cali – Yumbo) and the administrative headquarters are located in the city of Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia (Carrera 43A #1A Sur – 143, Floor 5, Centro Santillana). Celsia Colombia S.A. E.S.P is a Public Utilities stock corporation.
Click on the image for a better view
- Acquisition of 50% of Epsa (today Celsia).
- Start of operation of the Transmission, Distribution and Commercialization business in Valle del Cauca.
- Emission and placement of Epsa (today Celsia Colombia) Ordinary Bonds for COP 600 billion.
- Emission and placement of Celsia Ordinary Bonds for COP 800 billion.
- Acquisition of the assets of thermal and hydric generation and a wind asset in Central America.
- Administrative integration of the Celsia and Epsa (today Celsia Colombia) operation.
- Expansion of the Transmission and Distribution Business with Plan5Caribe.
- Development of the new Business Portfolio, focused on cities, businesses and homes.
- Celsia Solar; Yumbo, Colombia.
- Emission of Corporate Bonds in the Panamanian market for USD 320 million.
- Increase of 11.3% of the Celsia stake in Epsa (today Celsia Colombia).
- Strengthening of Epsa by concentrating the electric assets in Colombia.
- Celsia Solar; Bolívar, Colombia.
- Celsia Solar; Divisa, Panama.
- Beginning of the four wind parks in La Guajira.
- Emission of Celsia shares: COP 1.47 trillion collected.
- Decrease of the external liability by COP 740 billion.
- Emission of Green Bonds to finance solar-energy projects.
- Increase of Celsia’s stake in Epsa (today Celsia Colombia), reaching 65.11%.
- Denomination of Epsa as Celsia Colombia.
- Acquisition of the Transmission and Distribution Business in Tolima.
- Culmination of the Plan5Caribe projects.
- Sale of the Zona Franca.
- Acquisition of the TermoTesorito gas project.
- Creation of two investment platforms with Cubico.
- Adjudication as generators and marketers in the renewable-energy auction.
- Solar farm for Cementos Argos in Comayagua, Honduras.
- Emission of Ordinary Bonds by Epsa for COP 1.1 trillion.
- Capitalization of Celsia Colombia.
We currently serve more than 1,100,000 clients in 39 municipalities in Valle del Cauca, 47 in Tolima and one in Chocó (San José del Palmar) with conventional energy products, and another 2,000 clients with new products, such as:
- Small- and large-scale solar energy.
- Thermal districts.
- Back-up energy plants.
- Efficient lighting project.
- Electric mobility.
In this way, we give the best energy to our clients and other Stakeholders, Celsia PermaneC over time and we generate value responsibly, profitably and respectfully.
Click on the icons for more information about each business model.
- Culture and human talent
- Political risk
- Climate variability
- Obsolescence of assets
- Supply and distribution chain
- Energy portfolio
Celsia PermaneC: Our Vision of Sustainability
We understand sustainability as the change to grow and remain over time. We anticipate risks innovatively, turning them into profitable, respectful and responsible growth opportunities for our clients and other Stakeholders.
We evolve to meet the challenges of the industry and create value:
Providing exceptional service to our clients and offering them a portfolio that allows them to be efficient in their energy consumption.
Delivering reliable and responsible energy.
Innovating and finding new ways to do things, through a differentiating internal culture.
Executing projects beyond compliance.
Contributing to society and the conservation of ecosystems.
(102-40) (102-42) (102-43) At Celsia, the transparent relationship with each of our Stakeholders has allowed us to maintain permanent dialogue, in a framework of mutual trust and the generation of shared value between them and us:
We are aware that receiving, managing and responding to their suggestions, comments and expectations helps us in our purpose of being a company that remains in time.
Delivery of Company results to our Shareholders and investors.
Monthly talks with our leader Ricardo Sierra to share the results of different topics with all employees.
Active participation of our employees in government, public and sector events.
Launch of our LuzIA Chatbox to serve our clients 24/7.
In the First Annual Meeting of Suppliers, 300 executives from Colombia and Central America participated.
We held the Third Meeting with journalists in Valle del Cauca and the First Meeting in Tolima. The workshop was held with the Fundación Gabo.
Constant relationships with the communities of all our areas of influence.
We participated in the review of different legal bills.
We generate relationships through social networks.
- We inaugurated a mondern Experience Center to serve our clients in Ibagué, Tolima.
(102-46)(102-47) Our Materiality Analysis, conducted in 2018, is still valid. Below we detail the key issues for the permanence of our business over time and how we carry out the process of identifying and prioritizing them:
The Celsia Materiality Analysis Process
- MEGA and strategy.
- Corporate policies.
- Strategic risks.
- Indices and Standards.
- Valid channels of communication.
- In-depth meetings with relationship leaders and Stakeholders.
- Qualitative and quantitative evaluation.
- Relevance for Celsia.
- Relevance for Stakeholders.
- Steering Committee.
- Board of Directors.
- Integrated Report.
- Dialogues with Stakeholders.
- Permanent review and reflection.
Alignment of the Strategy with the Global Sustainability Agenda
We are committed to the call of the United Nations (UN) to achieve sustainable development by 2030. Therefore, we have prioritized seven Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), based on our understanding of the positive and negative impacts we generate and the prioritization exercises carried out:
A Big and Ambitious Goal that provides strategic guidelines to the Organization.
Groups of people who are part of the Organization and others with whom we have diverse relationships, from whom we receive and manage suggestions, comments and expectations, which is essential to fulfill our strategy.
The environmental, social and economic issues that will be decisive for the Company in the coming years.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
A United Nations (UN) initiative, the aim of which is to achieve a sustainable future for all. They interrelate with each other and incorporate the global challenges that we face every day, such as poverty, inequality, the climate, environmental degradation, prosperity, and peace and justice.